Boat and Watercraft Insurance in Oklahoma
What is Boat and Watercraft Insurance?
Boat & Personal Watercraft Insurance, similar to car insurance, is financial protection for your boat or watercraft in the event of damage or injury to property or a person-whether yours or someone else’s. Boat & Personal Watercraft Insurance helps with the costs of repairing or replacing property due to damage or medical and legal bills when an injury occurs.
What does Boat and Watercraft Insurance cover?
Boat and Watercraft Insurance provides coverage for the property damage on the boat, bodily injury, and guest liability as well as medical payments, and theft.
Some examples of risks that might be covered on a Boat and Watercraft policy are:
- Collison with another boat or watercraft
- If the boat or watercraft is stolen
- You or your passengers are injured in an accident
- Your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others or others property
- If your boat is in a collision while on land either in transit on a trailer or while being stored
Some things to consider when looking for Boat or Watercraft Insurance:
- How much are you able to pay if your boat were damaged or stolen?
- Do you need coverage for year-round use?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage do you need?
- Do you need emergency towing coverage?
- Do you need coverage for a trailer as well?
- Have you taken a boat driver safety course or a personal watercraft safety course? If so, there may be discounts available to you.
- Do you need extra coverage for personal effects or fishing equipment?